Maximum number of waiver, release, and indemnifications reached.
Please take a few minutes to thoroughly read and understand the rules and guidelines of St. Mary and St. Moses Abbey and that of the retreat house.
St. Mary & St. Moses Abbey is a Holy Monastery of Our Lord Jesus Christ. It is a place of repentance and redemption for those men leading a monastic life and for the pious visitors. Yet, St. Mary & St. Moses Abbey welcomes all visitors, but through advance arrangements for those who would like to stay overnight.
The Abbey's grounds are open to those who wish to visit from 4:00 AM to 8:00 PM every day.
The Retreat Center's facilities include two buildings — St. Mary Hall and St. Moses Hall. St. Mary Hall, for women, contains 17 rooms and each room has four beds and a full bath. This building accommodates 70 occupants. St. Moses Retreat House accommodates men only. All retreatants must bring their own bed sheets and pillowcases to use during their stay at the Retreat Center.
If you are driving, please note that the gate hours of operation are from 4:00 AM to 10:00 PM daily. Also, those with cars who are planning to go out during the length of their stay, please notify the 'Robetta', or Economus - the Father responsible for the monastery before doing so. Thank you for your cooperation.
As much as possible, the monastery attempts to check retreat requests daily and respond accordingly. Typically, you will receive a confirmation for your request within three days after the monastery receives your permission letter. Therefore, please work with your father of confession to ensure it is submitted.
If your application is denied, you will be notified through e-mail. The Abbey reserves the right to deny any application without explaining the reasons.
DO NOT book any plane/bus tickets, until you receive a confirmation email from the retreat house stating that your registration has been approved.
If your final flight destination is not Corpus Christi, you will need to book a bus ticket to the Corpus Christi Greyhound bus station.
A permission letter is required from every individual that visits the monastery for the first time. Once you submit your registration, a permission letter will be sent automatically to your father of confession via email. Please note that the registration will not be complete except if the individual's Confessor Father or the Church Priest sponsoring the overnight retreat at the Abbey has approved your retreat.
Female retreatants are allowed to stay for an overnight retreat at the Abbey only when accompanied for the whole duration of their stay by:
1) a Priest,
4) brother - only if he is 18 years of age or older,
5) son - only if he is 18 years of age or older.
6) son in law.
In order for your registration to be approved and not denied, you have to provide the name of the priest that will accompany you.
Thank you for your understanding.
Please read the rules and guidelines of St. Mary & St. Moses Abbey and also of the retreat center.
For registration inquiries, please contact us at (361) 236-7589 or send an email to email@example.com
Please scroll all the way down in order to confirm that you've read the rules and guidelines. Thank you.
– The Abbey is open for daytime visitors between the hours of 4:00 am to 8:00 pm, without exceptions.
– All daytime visitors (including individuals, male or female, or families) who are registered for a ”Daytime visit” MUST leave the Abbey grounds by 8:00 pm. Only individuals who are registered and staying overnight at the Abbey may remain after 8:00 pm. If 8:00 pm is too early for you, please postpone your visit till the family retreat house becomes available.
- NO FEMALE DAYTIME VISITORS are allowed ALONE in the monastery. Any female must be accompanied by one of the following in order to come for a day visit: 1) a Priest, 2) father, or 3) husband, or 4) brother, or 5) son in law, or 6) son, only if they are 18 years of age or older.
– Any female from either Sandia or Corpus Christi may come alone only at the start of the Divine Liturgy and must leave immediately after the conclusion of the Divine Liturgy.
The Monastery won't be able to offer rides to Daytime Visitors. We ONLY offer rides to Overnight Retreatants.
The Monastery is open for Daytime Visitors from 4:00 AM to 8:00 PM.
I will arrive at the monastery around this time frame:
All daytime visitors (including individuals, male or female, or families) who are registered for a ”Daytime visit” MUST leave the Abbey grounds by 8:00 pm. Only individuals who are registered and staying overnight at the Abbey may remain after 8:00 pm. If 8:00 pm is too early for you, please postpone your visit till the family retreat house becomes available.
I will depart from the monastery around this time frame: