- All one-day group visitors (leaving on the same day after dinner) must register online.
- Groups of ten (10) or more are asked to register at minimum three (3) weeks in advance before their arrival.
- Groups, who seek a retreat at St. Mary & St. Moses Abbey, are required to do the following through this registration form:
1. Read and follow the Retreat Center Rules and Guidelines.
2. Complete the Retreat Registration form and receive confirmation of their request.
3. If this is the first time to visit the Monastery here, obtain the blessing from a Priest.
May God bless you.
For registration inquiries, please contact us at (361) 236-7589 or send an email to email@example.com
Please take a few minutes to thoroughly read and understand the rules and guidelines of St. Mary and St. Moses Abbey and that of the retreat house.
St. Mary & St. Moses Abbey is a Holy Monastery of Our Lord Jesus Christ. It is a place of repentance and redemption for those men leading a monastic life and for the pious visitors. Yet, St. Mary & St. Moses Abbey welcomes all visitors, but through advance arrangements for those who would like to stay overnight.
The Abbey's grounds are open to those who wish to visit from 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM—Evening Prayers—each day.
The Retreat Center's facilities include two buildings — St. Mary Hall and St. Moses Hall. St. Mary Hall, for women, contains 17 rooms and each room has four beds and a full bath. This building accommodates 70 occupants. St. Moses Hall accommodates for men. All retreatants must bring their own bed sheets and pillow cases to use during their stay the Retreat Center.
If you are driving, please note that the gate hours of operation are from 4:00 AM to 10:00 PM daily. Also, those with cars who are planning to go out during the length of their stay, please notify the 'Robetta', or Economus - the Father repsonsible for the monastery before doing so. Thank you for your cooperation.
If you will stay more than two weeks, you are required to submit a permission letter from your father of confession explaining why you will be spending an extended period at the Abbey prior to your booking.
As much as possible, the monastery attempts to check retreat requests daily and respond accordingly. Typically, you will receive a confirmation for your request within three days after the monastery receives your permission letter. Therefore, please work with your father of confession to ensure it is submitted.
If your application is denied, you will be notified through e-mail. The Abbey reserves the right to deny any application without explaining the reasons.
If your final flight destination is not Corpus Christi, you will need to book a bus ticket to Corpus Christi West bus station.
A permission letter is required from every individual that visits the monastery for the first time. Once you submit your registration, a permission letter will be sent automatically to your father of confession via email. Please note that the registration will not be complete except if the individual's Confessor Father or the Church Priest sponsoring the overnight retreat at the Abbey has approved your retreat.
Female retreatants are allowed to stay for an overnight retreat at the Abbey only when accompanied for the whole duration of their stay by:
1) a Priest,
4) brother - only if he is 18 years of age or older,
5) son - only if he is 18 years of age or older.
6) son in law.
In order for your registration to be approved and not denied, you have to provide the name of the priest that will accompany you.
Please note: Any female retreatant coming alone and staying at a local hotel, for the sole purpose of visiting the Abbey, is only permitted to visit the Abbey once for a day visit. Daylight visitors should leave immediately after Vespers prayers. Thank you for your understanding.
Please read the rules and guidelines of St. Mary & St. Moses Abbey and also of the retreat center.
Please have the retreat coordinator fill out the following registration form.
- Groups are allowed to stay only for a maximum of 7 days at the Abbey
- Please do not book any travel plans until confirmation is received. Once we have approved your registration, you will be prompted to enter your final travel plans then. Thank you.
- Groups are asked to register at minimum 10 days in advance before their arrival.
- If the dates are fully booked, we will put your registration on the waiting list
- The monastery can't offer rides on Feast Days:
+ Nativity Feast: Jan. 6th, 2021, & Jan. 7th, 2021
+ Resurrection Feast: May 1st, 2021 and May 2nd, 2021
We apologize for any inconvenience.
An email will be sent to your sponsoring priest, and once he approves it, we will receive your form.
Please enter the full name and email of your sponsoring priest so that you may receive the blessing to come on a retreat. Thank you.
In order for us to continue with your registration, we will need to get approval from your sponsoring priest. An email will be sent to your sponsoring priest, and once he approves it, we will receive your form. Once we have received approval, we will send you a form to confirm your registration. Please review your form before submission. Typically, this may take up to three days to obtain. Thank you and please keep the monastery in your prayers.
Please note, under no exceptions, No females are allowed to stay for an overnight retreat at the Abbey, without be accompanied for the whole duration of their stay by:
- a priest, or a father, or a husband, or a brother (18 years of age or older), or a son (18 years of age or older), or a son in a law.
At this point, you are finished with your registration, you may now submit the form and we will get back to you within 24-48 hours. Please review your form before submission.
If you indicated that this is your first time, an email will first be sent to the Father of Confession provided above for approval before this form gets to the monastery.
Please note, you will also receive a confirmation containing these details to your email. Thank you.