Please scroll all the way down in order to confirm that you've read the rules and guidelines. Thank you.
Please take a few minutes to thoroughly read and understand the rules and guidelines of St. Mary and St. Moses Abbey and that of the retreat house.
St. Mary & St. Moses Abbey is a Holy Monastery of Our Lord Jesus Christ. It is a place of repentance and redemption for those men leading a monastic life and for the pious visitors. Yet, St. Mary & St. Moses Abbey welcomes all visitors, but through advance arrangements for those who would like to stay overnight.
The Abbey's grounds are open to those who wish to visit from 4:00 AM to 10:00 PM every day.
The Retreat Center's facilities include two buildings — St. Mary Hall and St. Moses Hall. St. Mary Hall, for women, contains 17 rooms and each room has four beds and a full bath. This building accommodates 70 occupants. St. Moses Retreat House accommodates men only. All retreatants must bring their own bed sheets and pillowcases to use during their stay at the Retreat Center.
The Abbey does not offer Wi-fi Network.
If you are driving, please note that the gate hours of operation are from 4:00 AM to 10:00 PM daily. Also, those with cars who are planning to go out during the length of their stay, please notify the 'Robetta', or Economus - the Father responsible for the monastery before doing so. Thank you for your cooperation.
As much as possible, the monastery attempts to check retreat requests daily and respond accordingly. Typically, you will receive a confirmation for your request within three days after the monastery receives your permission letter. Therefore, please work with your father of confession to ensure it is submitted.
If your application is denied, you will be notified through e-mail. The Abbey reserves the right to deny any application without explaining the reasons.
DO NOT book any plane/bus tickets, until you receive a confirmation email from the retreat house stating that your registration has been approved.
If your final flight destination is not Corpus Christi, you will need to book a bus ticket to the Corpus Christi Greyhound bus station.
A permission letter is required from every individual that visits the monastery for the first time. Once you submit your registration, a permission letter will be sent automatically to your father of confession via email. Please note that the registration will not be complete except if the individual's Confessor Father or the Church Priest sponsoring the overnight retreat at the Abbey has approved your retreat.
Female retreatants are allowed to stay for an overnight retreat at the Abbey only when accompanied for the whole duration of their stay by:
1) a Priest,
4) brother - only if he is 18 years of age or older,
5) son - only if he is 18 years of age or older.
6) son in law.
In order for your registration to be approved and not denied, you have to provide the name of the priest that will accompany you.
Thank you for your understanding.
Please read the rules and guidelines of St. Mary & St. Moses Abbey and also of the retreat center.
For registration inquiries, please contact us at (361) 236-7589 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please check that box to agree to the terms above.
Please scroll all the way down in order to confirm that you've read the COVID-19 Waiver terms. Thank you.
Please read carefully before signing.
I, the undersigned, have requested that St. Mary and St. Moses Abbey (herein referred to as “Abbey”) provide me with access to and/or use of its facilities and amenities located at 101 South Vista Drive, Sandia, Tx 78383 (herein referred to as “Property”). In consideration for my access to the Property, now or in the future, I knowingly and voluntarily contractually agree as follows:
COVID-19 Assumption of Risk and Certain Acknowledgments:
The World Health Organization declared the novel virus, COVID-19, a worldwide pandemic on March 11, 2020. COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is believed to spread mainly from person-to-person contact. As a result, federal, state, and local governments and federal and state health agencies recommend social distancing and have, in many locations, prohibited the congregating of groups of people.
Although the safety and security of those inhabiting the Abbey, including but not limited to monks, novices, guests, workers, etc., remain top priorities, and regardless of any steps taken by the Abbey to reduce the risks associated with the COVID-19 pandemic, I am fully aware that there are a number of risks associated with me accessing and using the Property during the COVID-19 pandemic, including, but not limited to, being exposed to and contracting COVID-19 from individuals, surfaces, and airborne particles. The steps taken by the Abbey with respect to the Property can include, but are not limited to, the following: (1) propping open commonly used doors; (2) setting up hand sanitizer stations in various locations; (3) careful monitoring and regular cleaning and sanitization of guest rooms, common areas, and conference spaces before, during, and after an event; and (4) regular cleaning and sanitization of the Property generally.
I understand that contracting COVID-19 could result in serious medical symptoms requiring medical treatment in a hospital or could possibly lead to death. I further understand that no actions by the Abbey will guarantee that I will not contract COVID-19. On behalf of myself and my heirs, successors, and assigns, by accessing and using the Property, I knowingly and freely assume all risks, both known and unknown, related to COVID-19, including all illnesses, injuries, damages or death arising therefrom.
My Commitment (Please read carefully):
I, the undersigned, hereby release the Abbey from all legal responsibility I might wish to assign it for, but not limited to, COVID-19 exposure, infection, symptoms, death, etc.
Waiver, Release, and Indemnification:
I, on behalf of myself and my heirs, successors and assigns, voluntarily agree to release, waive, discharge, hold harmless, defend and indemnify the Abbey, its affiliates, and each of the inhabitants of the Abbey, along with its insurers, successors, and assigns (collectively, the “Indemnified”) from any and all damages, injuries, losses, liability, claims, causes of action, litigation, or demands, including but not limited to those for personal injury, sickness, or death, as well as property damages and expenses, of any nature whatsoever which may be incurred, directly or indirectly, now or in the future, in any way related to COVID-19 and in connection with my participation at the Abbey or any travel related thereto. I promise, on behalf of myself not to sue the Abbey for any of the foregoing.
I am fully aware that participation at the Abbey (including any related travel) by me carries with it certain inherent risks related to COVID-19 transmission (“Inherent Risks”) that cannot be eliminated regardless of the care taken to avoid such risks. Inherent Risks may include, but are not limited to, (1) the risk of coming into close contact with individuals or objects that may be carrying COVID-19; (2) the risk of transmitting or contracting COVID-19, directly or indirectly, to or from other individuals; and (3) injuries and complications ranging in severity from minor to catastrophic, including death, resulting directly or indirectly from COVID-19 or the treatment thereof. Further, I understand that the risks of COVID-19 are not fully understood, and that contact with, or transmission of, COVID-19 may result in risks including but not limited to loss, personal injury, sickness, death, damage, including but limited to loss, personal injury, sickness, death, damage, and expense, the exact nature of which are not currently ascertainable, and all of which are to be considered Inherent Risks. I hereby voluntarily accept and assume, on behalf of myself, all risk of loss, personal injury, sickness, death, damage, and expense arising from such Inherent Risks.
I have read and understood this Agreement and enter into it voluntarily in consideration of the opportunity to participate at the Abbey. I acknowledge I am giving up legal rights and/or remedies which may be available to me.
(✔) By checking this box, I have read and legally agreed to all the terms and commitments above.
If you are coming with your family:
Family Household Statement And Commitments (The "MALE HOUSEHOLD OF THE FAMILY" MUST read and agree on the commitments below)
Please read carefully:
- I am signing this waiver on behalf of myself and/or on behalf of my family as the male head of my household, if applicable.
- I understand that if I am signing this waiver of liability on behalf of my family, I will write down the names of those in my family below my signature.
- I acknowledge that both my spouse and I, and any other adult over the age of 18 in my immediate family, will sign this form.
(✔) By checking this box, I have read and legally agreed to all the terms above.
- It is highly recommended for all vaccinated and unvaccinated overnight retreatants to get a PCR COVID-19 test within 3 days before their arrival date and if possible send their negative results to the Retreat House as soon they receive it.
- Female retreatants are allowed to stay for an overnight retreat at the Abbey ONLY when accompanied for the whole duration of their stay by: 1) a Priest, 2) father, 3) husband, 4) brother - only if he is 18 years of age or older, 5) son - only if he is 18 years of age or older, 6) son in law.
-The maximum stay for any overnight retreat is two weeks. If you need to stay more than two weeks in the Monastery, you MUST obtain permission from His Grace Bishop Youssef (email@example.com).
-Due to the limited number of rooms available in the retreat house, all retreatants may have to share rooms with each other, which will be a maximum of 4 retreatants per room.
-Due to the limited number of rooms available in the retreat house, all visiting priests may have to share rooms with other priests, which will be a maximum of 2 priests per room.
- All visitors must be wearing a mask at all times and in all places at the Abbey without exception.
- Are you trying to register for more than one family? If so, please have each family register separately with their own email address.
- All retreatants (males only) are asked to register at a minimum of 4 days in advance before their arrival.
- All retreatants (males only), who seek a retreat at St. Mary & St. Moses Abbey, are required to:
1. Read and follow the Retreat Center Rules and Guidelines.
2. Complete the Retreat Registration form and receive confirmation of their request.
3. Get an approval from their confession Father, if it is their first time visiting the monastery.
May God bless you.
- NO FEMALE RETREATANTS are allowed ALONE in the monastery. Any female must be accompanied by one of the following in order to come for a day visit: 1) a Priest, 2) father, or 3) husband, or 4) brother, or 5) son in law, or 6) son, only if they are 18 years of age or older.
– The maximum stay for any overnight retreat is two weeks. If you need to stay more than two weeks in the Monastery, you MUST obtain permission from His Grace Bishop Youssef (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please enter the "Retreatant Cell Phone Number" because the Abbey will use it to contact the retreatant.
- The maximum stay for any overnight retreat is two weeks. If you need to stay more than two weeks in the Monastery, you MUST obtain a written permission from His Grace Bishop Youssef (email@example.com).
- Please do not make any travel plans until confirmation is received. Once we have approved your registration, you will be prompted to enter your final travel plans then. Thank you.
- Individuals are asked to register at a minimum of 4 days in advance before their arrival.
- If the dates are not available in the calendar, please contact the retreat house to know the room availability.
-For registration inquiries, please contact us at (361) 236-7589 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If the dates are not available, that means the retreat house is fully booked.
- The Abbey will only provide a ride for you from/to Corpus Christi Airport or Corpus Christi Greyhound Bus Station (602 N Staples St, Corpus Christi).
- The Abbey won't provide rides for large church groups coming for retreats. They will be responsible for their transportation to and from the abbey.
- Rides are available only for small groups, that is groups of 7 people or less.
We apologize for any inconvenience.
- The maximum stay for any overnight retreat is two weeks. If you need to stay more than two weeks in the Monastery, you MUST obtain permission from His Grace Bishop Youssef (email@example.com).
If your first visit to the monastery was with a group, you must select "yes".
Please enter the full name and email of your Father of Confession so that you may receive the blessing to come on a retreat. Thank you.
Please review your form before submission.
- At this point, you have finished filling out your registration, you may now scroll down to submit the form and we will get back to you soon.
For registration inquiries, please contact us at:
- Phone/Text: (361) 236-7589
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, you will also receive a confirmation containing these details to your email. Thank you.