Dear Beloved of Christ, By the grace of God, the Monastery is now accepting visitors. All who wish to visit must follow these new rules and guidelines:
1. All daytime visitors & overnight retreatants (including individuals, families, and groups) MUST register online to come for a daytime visit or an overnight retreat, without exceptions.
2. All daytime visitors & overnight retreatants MUST sign the COVID-19 release electronic waiver.
3. The Abbey is open for daytime visitors between the hours of 4:00 am to 5:30 pm.
4. All daytime visitors MUST leave the Abbey grounds by 5:30 pm. If 5:30 pm is too early for you, please postpone your visit till the family retreat house becomes available.
5. No females are allowed in ALONE for a daytime visit. Any female must be accompanied by one of the following in order to come for a day visit: 1) a Priest, 2) father, or 3) husband, or 4) brother only if they are 18 years of age or older, or 5) son in law, or 6) son, only if they are 18 years of age or older.
6. Any female from either Sandia or Corpus Christi may come alone only at the start of the Divine Liturgy and must leave immediately after the conclusion of the Divine Liturgy.
7. We are only accepting overnight individual male retreatants, group (males only) retreats, and family (males only) retreats. NO FEMALE RETREATANTS are currently allowed, because the St. Mary Family retreat building is still under renovation.
8. The maximum length of time for any retreat is 10 days, then the retreatant must wait 3 months from the last visit until another trip to the monastery can be made, without exceptions.
9. The maximum number of retreatants for any group (church) retreat is 12 youths & 1 priest (total of 13 retreatants) per group (church), without exception.
10. All visitors must be wearing a mask at all times and in all places at the Abbey without exception.
11. Due to the limited number of rooms available in the retreat house, all retreatants may have to share rooms with each other, which will be a maximum of 4 retreatants per room.
12. Due to the limited number of rooms available in the retreat house, all visiting priests may have to share rooms with other priests, which will be a maximum of 2 priests per room.
13. For the sake of social distancing, the only Church which visitors are allowed to enter is the Church of St. Mary. All other Churches are not permitted to be entered at any time without exception.
Our Bishop’s Message for Visitors
Register for a Daytime Visit Register for an Overnight Retreat
Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.