Dear Beloved of Christ, By the grace of God, the Monastery is now accepting visitors. All who wish to visit must follow these new rules and guidelines:
1. All daytime visitors & overnight retreatants (including individuals, families, and groups) MUST register online to come for a daytime visit or an overnight retreat, without exceptions.
2. All daytime visitors & overnight retreatants MUST sign the COVID-19 release electronic waiver.
3. The Abbey is open for daytime visitors between the hours of 4:00 am to 8:00 pm.
4. All daytime visitors (including individuals, male or female, or families) who are registered for a ”Daytime visit” MUST leave the Abbey grounds by 8:00 pm. Only individuals who are registered and staying overnight at the Abbey may remain after 8:00 pm. If 8:00 pm is too early for you, please postpone your visit till the family retreat house becomes available.
5. No females are allowed in ALONE for a daytime visit. Any female must be accompanied by one of the following in order to come for a day visit: 1) a Priest, 2) father, or 3) husband, or 4) brother only if they are 18 years of age or older, or 5) son in law, or 6) son, only if they are 18 years of age or older.
6. Any female from either Sandia or Corpus Christi may come alone only at the start of the Divine Liturgy and must leave immediately after the conclusion of the Divine Liturgy.
7. We are only accepting overnight individual male retreatants, group (males only) retreats, and family (males only) retreats. NO FEMALE OVERNIGHT RETREATANTS are currently allowed, because the St. Mary Family retreat building is still under renovation.
8. All visitors must be wearing a mask at all times and in all places at the Abbey without exception.
9. Due to the limited number of rooms available in the retreat house, all retreatants may have to share rooms with each other, which will be a maximum of 4 retreatants per room.
10. Due to the limited number of rooms available in the retreat house, all visiting priests may have to share rooms with other priests, which will be a maximum of 2 priests per room.
Our Bishop’s Message for Visitors
Register for a Daytime Visit Register for an Overnight Retreat
Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.